Freezing treats and a few toys in water & a bit of chicken stock, keeping them cool and busy in the Summer heat.
This is the best one I’ve used.
160g or 1/3 of a small box of baking soda
1 squirt of dish washing liquid
1 tbsp of hydrogen peroxide
Mix into a thick paste and smooth onto you pets face. Wait until dry and brush it off the face, avoiding the eyes.
It can be repeated again if needed.
Here’s a great balm for sore or cracked paws and winter moisturizer for cats and dogs.
- 2 tbsp Olive or almond oil
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Shea Butter
- 4 tsp Beeswax
- In a small pot – or double boiler – over low heat melt the oils, Shea butter, and beeswax. Stir continuously until all is melted and well blended.
- Pour the mixture into tins or small mason jars.
- Let them cool on the counter until hard.
- Cap and label.
- Keep away from extreme heat.
- Use within 1-2 years
Thanks to http://www.frugallysustainable.com for the recipe!